BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I have never heard of it turning green :confused: If that was the case all bottom paints would turn green. We have sold quite a bit of it and the feedback is very good on it. Very bright colors that stay bright and if they get dirty a little scrub will make them look new. They also have a Vivid Free out which is a copper free paint much like Interlux Pacifica.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I have never heard of it turning green :confused: If that was the case all bottom paints would turn green. We have sold quite a bit of it and the feedback is very good on it. Very bright colors that stay bright and if they get dirty a little scrub will make them look new. They also have a Vivid Free out which is a copper free paint much like Interlux Pacifica.
Sorry, I mean at the water line.Most bottom paints with copper do turn green at the waterline, I know mine does and nearly every boat in my marina has(I use Micron csc black), you will clearly see a greenish area around the water line. I mean no disrespect,I know you must sell a lot of paint and know more than do I, but I think everyone would agree that if you were to walk threw most any boat yard you will see most boats will be green at the water line.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have owned the Trophy for 20 years now. The first paint I used was Interlux Bottomcote (?). Was not very good. I switched to Petit Trinidad (Blue) the 2nd year and have never looked back (19 years). I did switch to the Trinidad SR which has slime control added a few years ago and frankly I don't see a difference from the regular Trinidad. Cuprous Oxide content is above 70%. Everybody tells me it's overkill in our area. When it comes to fighting fouling overkill doesn't sound bad. BTW it's also on the Whaler now!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Pettit Ultma SR every 2 years. Never had a problem. Not sure that I couldn't go every 3. Never tried that. Is there any one out there that has? What do you people use on the Yamaha motors that hang in the water?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.