BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out bird hunting today and busted a bunch of pheasant. Rahter then the same old boring smoked pheasant I make, do any of you chefs have a good easy recipe? You Barners never disappoint when it comes to great recipes:bow:.
John

·
Registered
993 Posts
A Favorite Pheasant Recipe

Pheasant Chalupas

2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
1 4-oz. can of diced green chilies
1 4-oz. can of sliced black olives, drained
2 cups of grated Monterey jack cheese
2 pheasants, boned, parboiled and shredded
8-10 small flour tortillas
2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray non-stick oil (I prefer olive oil) into a 9x12 baking dish.
In a large bowl, mix the soup, sour cream, onions, olives and green chilies. Fold in about half of the Monterey jack cheese.
Spread some of the sauce into a tortilla; then sprinkle in some of the shredded pheasant. Roll it tightly and place it into the baking dish roll edge down. Pack the chalupas tightly into the dish. When the dish is full, spread the remaining sauce over the top of the chalupas, ensuring that they are completely covered. Sprinkle the remainder of the Monterey jack and cheddar cheese over the top.
Take a cookie sheet and line it with aluminum foil. Place the baking dish on it and bake for about 40 minutes or until the sauce is hot and bubbly.
Then get out of the way. Most folks will want seconds or even thirds.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I bag close to 50 Pheasants a year. I keep my cooking very simple other than quartering and grill I Breast them out slice up and marinate and Stir fry. Easy Breezy.
Got over fancy time consuming recipes long time ago.

Believe me a little salt n pepper quartered on the grill is awesome.

Tunamans recipe sounds pretty darn good though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Roast Pheasant

1 Pheasant
1 Qt. Boiling Water
3 Stalks Celery
1 Onion
1 Tsp. Salt
1/8 Tsp. Pepper
4 Strips Bacon
1 Cup Water

Clean pheasant. Put in pan and pour boiling water over bird and into cavity.
Put the celery and onion in bird. Do not sew up.
Rub bird with salt and pepper. Place in roasting pan and put bacon over breast.
Add 1 cup water and roast in a moderate oven at 350 degrees F. uncovered for 2 hours or until tender.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's called European pheasant;

28oz can of Campbells soup
28oz milk
4oz pack of dried beef

Blend milk and soup, put dried beef on bottom of crock pot, season bird with salt, pepper, garlic powder, put bird on top of beef, pour soup mixture on bird, cook on high for one hour, turn down medium for 2 or 3 hours. Take bird out, clean out bones, put back in pot. Put over rice or noodles. That's how TEAM SKIDROW does it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
pheasants

Use the recipe for coq au vin which is in any french cookbook or a bunch are on line. I use it and take the pot to work. Heat it up and everyone in the shop drooling a half hour before lunch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.