BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got in on the pickerel action that everyone else seems to be enjoying. Are the pickerel getting ready to spawn? Is that why they are so active now? Went to one of my favorite lakes and caught 5 picks, all on live minnows. I used lures including grubs, spinnerbait, jig and pig, and the chatterbait. It was very windy. I thought the weather was going to be nicer. The water temperature is still around 40 degrees. I lose a lot of lures every year, some by stupidity and others by just bad luck. I caught one today instead of buying one. Someone had lost a YO-Zuri stickbait with the line attached, near a dock. Sometimes your luck changes.:rolleyes: I haven't been skunked yet in either January or February. Trying to catch a fish in each month.:thumbsup: None of the fish in the photos were hurt in anyway.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Hey Crazy, good job and I have the same goal, I bet my son I could catch fish in every month of the year and so far so good! We have had a mild winter, most years my spots ice over for a few weeks, some years they even turn into hockey rinks but not this year......:D

·
Registered
292 Posts
Nice job:thumbsup:! The pickle bite has been outstanding the last few weeks- they may be spawning b/c they seem fatter than usual, at least to me.Ive been being extra careful not to hurt em incase they r spawning.I try to only hurt them emotionaly this time of year:D. BTW holligans lying- thats my yozuri!:razz:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts