BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tom had years of bottom paint on his hull. Last weekend we started with the paint removal. We us a dustless sanding system to remove all the old paint. As you can see in the pics we also remove any tranducers, and trim tabs so we can get them areas clean, and rebed them with new screws and caulk to make sure it remains watertight. Once the paint is removed it will be getting a few coats of barrier coat. Followed by a coat of Interlux hard bottom paint followed by two coats of black Aquaguard ablative.

I dont know why more people do not go this route when having there bottom paint removed. Its much cheaper then any type of sandblast and if you ask me a much better and cleaner job. At only $30.00 per foot which includes everything listed above (sanding, barrier coat and bottom paint) its a great deal.

http://s898.photobucket.com/albums/ac185/barnaclebillsmarine/Partnership Bottom Job/

·
Registered
178 Posts
Got a ? for you guys, not going to slip this season until maybe late summer due to being outta work.Hull needs all of the above done to it, what should I do if im going to trailer spring and summer then slip in the fall??

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a ? for you guys, not going to slip this season until maybe late summer due to being outta work.Hull needs all of the above done to it, what should I do if im going to trailer spring and summer then slip in the fall??

If you want to do it now, I would do everything but put the last two coats of aquaguard on. Use the boat and bring it back next season to have the ablative put on. Our first coat of interlux bottom paint will do just fine for you this year and will not come off.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Looks great ,I guess we will really get to the fish faster too .I better buy more Advil.
Better get the economy size Skip! LOl

Joe- looks GREAT!!!! Now if we could just get that oxidation off the rest of the hull.

Did you see any other cracks or bad dings in the hull?
There are other screw holes from prior transducers. I'm sure they are easily seen.

Can you touch up the paint on the motor- where the dock lines have rubbed it away?

Remember the windshield wiper!!!!

Do you really expect any change in speed due to removing the old paint? Trim tabs have always been a problem at my marina- they grow a ton of grass in the summer.

Thanks Joe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.