BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it has finally happened,after many fruitless jaunts up and down the beach so far this fall I found them. Now, let me introduce you to what happens when you come up upon of trapped mullet jumping over each other with bass crashing all around you and shoobs out on the end of the jetty with no korkers on, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I tried slow ,fast,sliders, poppers, clousers,deceivers,dark,white, chartreuse,etc. I had 3 bass totally smack my big deceiver out of the water with their tales. The whole thing lasted around a 1/2 hour then it was all gone. As the sun set it returned to normal and all was quiet like nothing happened. Good site to see, but very frustrating none the less. Better luck next time.

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
Edhead, they were probably looking for something big. They might of hit larger flies or silicone mullets. The silicones look just like a mullet in the water. Fish are pretty aggressive when feeling on bait fish and aren't as fussy. Had to be very frustrating. Nothing worse than seeing the fish and not being able to get decent strikes. Atleast it is a good sign that fish and bait are starting to move.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
bummer!! especially when it happens to you. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
been there done that! last year I had a blitz going on around, everyone hooking up on big storms... me on fly? nothing. BUT I also hooked up another time, when no one else did! So, guess it'll work out in the long run
No matter what, I prefer fishing KNOWING the fish and bait are there, rather than "fishing blind"

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Little guys in the surf caught one tonite on a half/half deceiver/clouser green/white. Lots of bait small fish are loaded with mullet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts