BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading out to fish the back bays of Margate Friday for the opener of flounder on my buddies boat. I have heard a lot of people talk about having success catching multiple species using pink zoom so i picked up a pack. Does anyone have any advice on how to work them? Should i jig it, bounce it off the bottom, make it swim, drag is slowly across the bottom? Any help is apprenticed

also have the blue fish shown up that far south yet???

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
when on a boat work it the same as you would a bucktail.bounce it off of the bottom. you can also cast it to the sodbanks and reel it back to the boat slowly. gulp makes a pink jerk shad that looks the same as the pink zooms but work a lot better. good luck..

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Jig it slow along the bottom on a 1/4 - 1/2 oz jighead. Rig it upside down so the belly opening is facing up, better action this way. They are super soft and my go to plastic. I go through a lot too. Sometimes they last 1 fish other times 3 or mroe fish.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
They ARE my bait/lure in the spring for weakies/blues AND flounder...If I'm lure fishing, it's pink/chartruse jig, 1/4-1/2oz....I will say that if you fish it slowwwwww...I mean almost like bait, you will do better...SLOOOOOoooooowwwwwww....btw, if there are blowfish around, they will bite the tails off EVERY bait you throw...Good Luck

·
Registered
731 Posts
Jig it slow along the bottom on a 1/4 - 1/2 oz jighead. Rig it upside down so the belly opening is facing up, better action this way. They are super soft and my go to plastic. I go through a lot too. Sometimes they last 1 fish other times 3 or mroe fish.
Is the hook facing down or up when rigged upside down?

Regards,

S.B.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
the hook will always ride up on a jig head. doesn't matter how the plastic is put on. now there are some jig heads with the hook eye on the other side of the head so the hook will ride down ,but the are rare.

·
Registered
731 Posts
the hook will always ride up on a jig head. doesn't matter how the plastic is put on. now there are some jig heads with the hook eye on the other side of the head so the hook will ride down ,but the are rare.
So the hook/barb of the jig points out the belly? Usually, its turned around and the back is pierced. Don't mean to be too stupid.

Regards,

S.B

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
You can hook it theu the solid back or thru the
contour in opposite side. It will work either way.
Feed hook thru the nose. The most important thing
is to not allow the pink to become hump backed.
Make sure it is swimming properly. As for retrieve
techniques. Try several, jigging ,slow retrieve, fast
retrieve, and bumping along the bottom. One thing i
have found is that when blues are around, you can't reel it
fast enuf. Great lure, have fun.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I always wondered this. I've been using them for years and have had luck, but not consistent. I always wondered why...I knew I was just getting lucky.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The best thing about a pink zoom is that they will catch just about
everything. I'm a firm believer in their use and seldom use other colors
of plastics. If it can't be caught on a pink it probably isn't biting. I do
carry other colors though, just in case I'm wrrooonngggg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts