BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

If anyone is looking to tweek their offshore gear at a decent cost, I strongly suggest John Vollmer at Pinnacle Marine!

I just loaded up on 4 60-100 bent butts and 4 30-80 straight butts and 2 jigging rods...Huge savings and custom made gear!

Top end stuff...E-glass rods/PacificBay international Eliminator guides/PacificBay aluminum removable butts. the bent butts are a bit more ($35). Used his product in the past and I came back. About a 50% savings over retail.

If you want to reach out to John, try him at [email protected]
or 210-364-6943. You will be pleased, excellent craftsmanship.

I am matching all the rods up with Avet 30's/50's and Hoo's...Cant wait!!!!

Capt.Chris
Manhattanfly.com

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Good stuff Chris, excited to see them bent over!

What's next on your list... maybe an enclosure????? Ehh? Ehh?

Visited Rich's today, spent some finger numbing time cleaning the 2 feet of snow off my rig. Yours was nice and warm inside. Money spent on indoor storage is money well spent!!!.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Squidster!!!!

Just sent your package out today...hope you like! gotta see whats left in the budget come March...everytime I talk to Rich, I learn something new...he da man...cant wait to get out, watching the World Fishing Network is starting to wear on me. Getting the second boat geared up with new Capt. Everything is starting to move...

MF

·
Registered
912 Posts
HEY CHRIS,
CONGRADS ON NEW GEAR.CABIN FEVER PLUS MY PEG LEG HAS ME SHAKIN LIKE A JUNKY .NOW I CANT EVEN GO DOWN TO THE BOAT AND SIT INSIDE WITH HEAT.CANT GET DOWN THE RAMP.SEE YOU GUYS OUT THERE IN THE SPRING.

ADAM BAD HAT:wave:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Bad,

Hard to picture you hobbling like a junkie...but then i think about it and its pretty funny!! by the time its cobalt blue, you'll be running all over the deck. I am a dummy with this Blackberry i have...deleted ur address, please text, want to send you what i just sent Squid...still have the cross hairs on that sled?

MF

·
Registered
776 Posts
Kevin and Paul, and Bulleye are not ones to forget........
"SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUNFIGHTER"
I know we all watched it at some point.........
Do not forget to support Kevin on his handicapped program.
Kev, please chime in..
do not have your info on the home "puter"
as far as enclosure.......
Look at Aliewhore's, inside behind the YF.........
JUST A MATTER OF TIME>>>>>>>>>
Couple of good builders who sponsor the Barn also.

JPR.... Paul

Fish Posion...Kevin Bogan

Bullseye

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yup yup i will shoot you a text in the a.m. Still want that boat,but you know i promised the wifie i will never be a three boat owner again.need to find someone to by the hatteras first.at least the othe sled is still available.we shall see what happens.how are the boys.hope all is quiet .lots of white stuff.my boys goin to shovel out the pit manana.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Kevin and Paul, and Bulleye are not ones to forget........
"SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUNFIGHTER"
I know we all watched it at some point.........
Do not forget to support Kevin on his handicapped program.
Kev, please chime in..
do not have your info on the home "puter"
as far as enclosure.......
Look at Aliewhore's, inside behind the YF.........
JUST A MATTER OF TIME>>>>>>>>>
Thanks, for supporting the guys who advertise here.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What to be clear...

There is excellent product inside and out of the Barn...if anyone ever took a close look at the charter boat business model, they know how skinny the profit margin is and thats in a good year. Comman sense dictates keeping expences down or the model just wont work...that simple. Many good rod builders around...personal choice, thats all.

Capt. Chris
MF

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
i deal with alot of charter guys here.
and work with them..i know what WE are all up against.
i do work with Charter advertisers of the site, as best i can.

when they choose to work with a barn sponser.

Same with recommending charters.

MOST of us try to support each other.:huh:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Paul708,

A couple of things, being new to the Barn last summer I have not gotten to know all sponsers (and there are a few), thats just me not being able to finish a sentance with 3 boys under 5 running around! second, with some effort I will get the Topaz 24 geared up and a new Capt... and will
aways be happy to "shop at the Barn".

We are in a TOUGH business but we love it...

Capt. Chris
Manhattan fly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.