BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

After a tough weekend of non-fishing due to high winds and rough seas, we ventured out today with an open boat group of Greg, Paul, Ken, and Eddy. We started out early AM looking for some stripers, but the stripers forgot to show up. We fished a ton of different spots in the bay area, and couldn't find one to open up! So, we decided to shift gears and do some bottom fishing. Long story short...we had a RED HOT tog bite that resulted in an easy limit catch for everyone, including myself, and countless releases. We then went on the hunt for some sea bass and found some nice fish with the biggest around 4lbs.! Our day trips will begin shifting to primarily bottom fishing and our evening trips once the next moon cycle comes up will be drumming with a couple bass mixed in(hopefully). Can't wait to get back at 'em tomorrow! Thanks, guys! Great trip!

·
Registered
3 Posts
BassRookie and I are heading out on Saturday. PUHLEAAZZZEE dont tell me the Striper run is over?!?!?!

Are you thinking Rips and not the bay?

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sin, it's a crap shoot. With 58 degree water coming off that hard Northeast blow, striper fishing is super tough. I'll be trying again tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

Kirk, it might be all bottom fishing all the time day and drumming in the evenings now.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Good Job Adam. I hope you can pull a few more striper out before the door slams shut. 58 degrees huh...was that on the incoming?

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
hey adam if you have any guys cancel for sunday because the striped ones aren't around keep me in mind wouldn't mind getting some toggies or seabass

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
You were in their house and they were home !!!!

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys!

Hey Marty, shoot me an e-mail. I don't have your address but wanted to ask ya' something! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Well good for the change. However not sure when I'll get down. I'm weekends only. This weekend you look book and next weekend is mother's day which means Sat is the only possibility.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Good seeing you yesterday Adam. Please let me know when you start looking for the flatties. I can't wait to win the Duke of Fluke! :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Originally posted by Sin:
BassRookie and I are heading out on Saturday. PUHLEAAZZZEE dont tell me the Striper run is over?!?!?!

Are you thinking Rips and not the bay?
You could always come up and fish Raritan Bay. After all, the bass fishing is better up there anyway :D :D :D :D

Just joking guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts