BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will be just south of cancun during the first week of april and would like to get a fishing trip in.. thoughts barners?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
you can either head 1 hour north to isle mujeres or 1/2 hour south to puerto adventuras. fishing is good down there. as long as you have decent weather you will catch fish.

if you end up fishing out of p.a. try to get in touch with capt. ricks and try to get pasqual to take you out. their number is
513 898 0911.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Good mahi fishing that time of year, the sailfish and wahoo are about as well. I fish in Cozumel though, which is only a short ferry ride away from Playa Del Carmen. We did a half day and caught one 35 lb mahi and set the hook on a sailfish that broke off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Playa Del Carmen

You should be there during the sailfish season. Sailfish will be migrating north in April and May in the gulf stream 300 yards off the beach. I've caught them in rowboats pushed off the beach. I've sat on the beach drinking beer, and been torn between the optional bathing suit views and watching guys jump off sailfish 300 yards out. Tough decision! The gulf stream is real close and fast there.

·
Registered
726 Posts
you can either head 1 hour north to isle mujeres or 1/2 hour south to puerto adventuras. fishing is good down there. as long as you have decent weather you will catch fish.

if you end up fishing out of p.a. try to get in touch with capt. ricks and try to get pasqual to take you out. their number is
513 898 0911.
I fished out of Puerto Aventuras last Summer. Capt. Ricks has a large fleet that will catch you some fish for a reasonable price. Just keep your expectations in check. Most of the fleet and the gear is quite old, but hey, it worked for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.