BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fishing for a number of years but have no idea about Tuna Poppers and Stick Baits. I would like to purchase some but have no idea as to which ones are the best and why.

If you could help in giving me some guidance, I would appreciate it. Also if you could direct me as to where would be the best place to purchase them: Thanks in advance for your input.

:confused

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
i have poppers and stick baits, if you are close stop by.
i will go over all the types and uses.

they run from 20 and up.
there are ALOT of choices, depends on your budget.
i am getting a new line in, they have been tested in NC and other parts of the world.

here is a line from a report post in NJ .. Bill tossed out his OTI Komodo and within two pops...BAM! It's a bigeye on a popper in the darkness of the night! Unreal
another line from a NJ report. My YFT on a Guston stickbait...they were all over this plug as we had 20-30 yft zipping around the boat at some point.

saltywater and kil also have a good selection if you are near them stop by.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have been fishing for a number of years but have no idea about Tuna Poppers and Stick Baits. I would like to purchase some but have no idea as to which ones are the best and why.

If you could help in giving me some guidance, I would appreciate it. Also if you could direct me as to where would be the best place to purchase them: Thanks in advance for your input.

:confused
Diawa Dorodo silder (28 to 32$)-RonZ Plastic (15 to 20$). Be careful, many of the plugs are not tuna ready,they are good for stripers & blues,but are not built for tuna.

·
Registered
489 Posts
seems like every area has a hot lure. For instance, for bluefin in NC, A large popper like an OTI Komodo is very effective. In Cape Cod and NJ, dorado sliders/Ron Z. Panama YFT love Heru Skipjacks. I crushed the YFT on a long range boat off san diego on a Souls Brabus If you sotcked up on each of these you would be good to go.

A Maguroni is a cheaper version of a Shibuki (which is a lighter version of a Brabus) also work well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts