BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, only my second post, but I have enjoyed reading the boards for a while now. I was hoping to get a little help with the OC MD area. I am heading down in mid Oct. Will be looking to do a little fishing/crabbing from either the shore, rental boat, or bay party boat.

Any info/opinions on what I can catch that time of year would be greatly appreciated. Mostly hoping to catch dinner. (whatever is available)Also any rental/party boat info (my wife will be with me so I'll need to stay in the bay.)

Thanks,
Brian
SebastianRed

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Here is the local fishing report...best onbe anyway. It is by Sue Foster and done weekly.

http://www.atbeach.com/fishrpt.html

There are 1/2 day bay trips out of Bahia Marina and at the Angler near the inlet. One is the BayBee, and I am not sure the name of the other. ocfishingcenter.com may have more info too. The local fishing newspaper is the Coastal Fisherman. However, I think the last issue for the season is the last week in Sept. until January. You may be able to access that online. I can pick it up easily, so I have never tried to do that. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Theres a party boat, probably the best one in maryland, maybe the east coast. The morning star", run by captain monty, will put you on the sea bass and maybe some blues. check that site for his report, and call to make reservations. He will work hard to get you your 25 c-bass, no matter what! its a bit pricey, but well worth it. They run offshore a bit, so its not in the backs bay. 70 or 80 bucks a trip, but if you want some fish, hes the guy to fish with!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts