BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS I NEED A LITTLE HELP ON THIS ONE I BEEN SAVING UP MONEY ABOUT A YEAR OR SO TO BUY REALLY GOOD RODS AND REELS THIS YEAR. I NEED SOME ADVICE ON A REALLY GOOD PLUGING STICK I WAS THINKING OF GOING WITH THE LOOMIS 7' PRO BLUE ARMED WITH THE RECORD 60HC FROM ABU GARACIA SINCE I HAVE IT ALREADY THE REAL ANY WAY. AND I PROBABLY WILL BE USING FOR CHUNCKING AS A BOAT ROD TOO. iM FAIRLY NEW TO PLUGGING AND JUST WANT TO GET A GOOD IDEA OF WHAT TO GET. aND I JUST ORDERED 11'-6" ST CROIX PREMIER AND LOOKING FOR A GOOD REAL TO ARM IT WITH ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Check out the Abu Garcia line of casting reels for your St. Croix. Do a search on this board and on the forums at www.reddrumtackle.com and www.hatterasjack.com for "Blue Yonder," commonly misspelled as "Blu Yonder." This reel, and the Penn 975, have strong followings in the Mid-Atlantic among the surf-fishing set.

What size plugs are you looking to throw?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Blue Yander is a good ree, but there are others that will fit that rod nicely aswell. Check around and get a feel. I own Diawa SlOSH 30's and love them. They are darn near indestructable. I also have an Avet MXL I am really getting to like alot. Penn 525 mags are a good match up as well. If you will mostly be fishing NJ you probably don't need to worry about line capacity too much. There isn't a striper alive that can spool a blu yander or penn 525. Just see what feels best to you but you really can't get a bad reel.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I own a blue yonder and a avet mxl. both are sweet reels. Have the avet on a 12ft 6-10oz and the blue yonder on a lami 11ft 3-8oz. the record or the blue yonder would be a excellent choice. As well as a 6500ctc3 mag elite is sweet. sooo many choices.

best bet is to go to your local fishing supply and match up a few reels to a few different rods. nothing like feeling it before buying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.