BASS BARN banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, My brother and I went down to Darby creek to check out the stock. In my opinion I think they went LIGHT on the numbers and put larger fish in. We were walking down the path and we came across 3 adults trout fishing, we observed them using spinners and powerbait. we didnt say anything because they were keeping them. So we called the police on them! What would you have done? WHAT a WASTE I hope they got what they deserve!!!!

RON

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
In my opinion you did the right thing, they have laws in place for a reason and if you break the law you deserve what you get. this upsets me but not as much as bass fisherman bed fishing or fishing from private venues and keeping the bass, whether permission was given or not, I wonder if the bass fisherman said to the owner hey I'll clean out all your lunkers for ya, get rid of those breeders, dont think so, anyway, way to go my friend, you get an atta-boy from me:D

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Good Job

rr331 said:
Today, My brother and I went down to Darby creek to check What would you have done? WHAT a WASTE I hope they got what they deserve!!!!

RON
Ron I agree, I also would have called the Cops on them. Rules are to be obeyed for the good of the whole fishing stock:) . Anyway those biggens might have been my catch:p ;) :D . Haig

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
rr331 said:
Today, My brother and I went down to Darby creek to check out the stock. In my opinion I think they went LIGHT on the numbers and put larger fish in. We were walking down the path and we came across 3 adults trout fishing, we observed them using spinners and powerbait. we didnt say anything because they were keeping them. So we called the police on them! What would you have done? WHAT a WASTE I hope they got what they deserve!!!!

RON

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Nice, Poachers depend on people to keep their mouths shut so they can continue to rape the resource. It takes guys like you who dont keep your mouth shut to stop them. I always felt a guy who knows about poaching but keeps quiet about it is just as guilty as the poacher.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
you did the right thing by the way are you not allowed to fish there?[/quote said:
IT IS PROBABLY POSTED, TROUT STREAMS ARE CLOSED DURING STOCKING SEASON IN THE SPRING. THE FISH WERE CAUGHT OUT OF SEASON PRIOR TO OPENING DATE.

·
Registered
107 Posts
poacher hotline

Here Are Some Phone #s To Put Into Your Cell Phones In Case You Come Across Someone Poaching In Delaware Its18002923030 In New Jerseyits18002220456 Also In Jersey You Have Fish Violations At8779276337 Or Operationgame At18779276337 Or Violations#2 At6097482050 In Pennsy The Hot Line # Is 7177875743 Take Down License Plate #s Makes & Models Of Vehicles Ect.the Poaching Problem Has Been Prevaliant Along The Del River During The Spring Run In Phila.

·
Registered
315 Posts
three years ago,while walking my dog, i saw two people fishing in pennypack. it was like four days before opening day. I wanted to call the cops so bad but i didn't have my cell phone (i probably should have kicked their butts but i didn't.) so i threw a stick into their hole, and my dog jumped in after it, definitely scaring off any trout. but that didn't stop them; they did not look like locals. anyway, later on down the trail(walking my dog,) i saw a cop on a dirt bike. after hailing him and telling him the story he took off like bat outta hell.
I HOPE EVERYONE READING THESE THREADS WOULD AT LEAST CALL THE COPS.
maybe i was just mad that they were catching fish that i could not.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts