BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out with Fly Fish and another friend, Ed on Friday night just before sunset. we had a blast with schoolie sized stripers on small poppers until it got dark. This has to be my favorite way to catch fish! I have had most of my luck just after high tide. Does the tide matter at sunset? we were on kayaks drifting and casting towards sod banks. Any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated. Tom.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
sic yakker,

cool, that type of fishing is alot of fun..
I always preferred to work a popper during a falling tide,but something just clicks with fish during the low light conditions around sunset and sunrise that put fish on the feed....

Thanks for that reports...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply Nightstrikes. Friday we had an incoming tide at sunset. I will be looking to hit the same place on a falling tide at sunset and will let you know the results. Thanks again. Tom.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Tom,

Yep I think I Am Working On Some Plans Of A Little Out-Going Tide Yakking This Weekend...

Will See...

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
I agree out going is the best. Bait drains off the pools on the banks and small creeks. Low light is a must. Should still be able to get the small ones even with the super heated water, but will find the big ones few and far between untill the water cools down a little. Just not enough oxygen for them.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Nightstrikes and CapeMayRay. Even the small ones are fun to catch on top-water. I will be hitting some spots at sunset and will pay attention to the tides. i'll keep you posted. Thanks! Tom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts