BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
set sail with 20 or so anglers, weather was awesome. Headed south to our first drop few shorts and some keepers. Moved around to next spot same deal. Overall was a decent day for some and not so decent(ME). Many had there limits I could only manage short after short, as i fed the tog and the guys next to me(Dom, nelson,Clearance and Duck) put em in the box. All good as we had a fun day. I believe Haig and Dopic were on the boat as well and manged there limit. Pool fish was about 6 lbs no slobs present. I think Paul may do 1 more weekend before pulling for maintenance. No fish for the table but for 1/29 who cares I was out fishing!!!

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Yup! Haig and I we there.:D

Bite was a bit slow, for sure. I actually only caught 4 fish total for the day, but, they were all keepers. I think Haig and I shared a final 7 keepers between us. Haig did better than me on quantity, as I believe he caught over a dozen fish.

Even Oscar, the NY tog professional---real nice guy---struggled. He did get the pool winner at the end.

I had 3 keepers in the box for the day, and when Paul announced, "Two more minutes and we go home," I managed a 14-1/8 incher to get my quota. LUCK!:thumbsup:

We had whiteleggers, but for us the bite for Haig was better on Greenies.

I watched Oscar and the guys put large whole whiteleggers on their snafu double hook rigs. They trimmed the shell back some to expose meat, but, one of the regulars, an excellent togger using this tactic only had 1 in the box, so I don't know.

My catches came on small half crabs or small $ size whiteleggers hooked on two hooks. Bite was soft, very light. I switched from my Bogan tog stick to the much more flexible Trevala jigging rod I normally use for flounder.

It was a GREAT day on the water. Nice bunch of guys.

But, I think I may be done togging until later in March.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah 1 more weekend you can do it

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
As Tuna John & Dopic said,"It was a LIGHTTTTTT bite":p. Everybody was humbled :bow:yesterday even the sharpies. That's why I LOVE TOGGIN. You think you have them figured out, that's when they pull a differant trick out of there hat()*&&%^%$#$Piss's me off.:D
Beautiful day for late Jan. Fun time with friends I don't see too often.

Haig-CA:wave:

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
As Tuna John & Dopic said,"It was a LIGHTTTTTT bite":p. Everybody was humbled :bow:yesterday even the sharpies. That's why I LOVE TOGGIN. You think you have them figured out, that's when they pull a differant trick out of there hat()*&&%^%$#$Piss's me off.:D
Beautiful day for late Jan. Fun time with friends I don't see too often.

Haig-CA:wave:
Way to catch en up guys.They are truly the magicians of the deep,but it's still my favorite fishery. May go out Friday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts