BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left with a pretty crowded boat especially for feb. Seas were calm and temps great for feb. Headed south fished 70 ft action was spotty at best, few here and there. Late in the day we moved to deeper water and the bite was much better. I had 2 keepers and about 7-8 shorts(15 in now) saw a few limits and few with one or none. Seems the bite will only get better in the deep in the coming weeks. Alex and Carlos split the boat pool and the side pool with boat fish weighing about 5lbs. I used whites all day but greens seem to works as well. Looks like Paul will be at it again next weekend. Ill be there, its been great fishing for Jan and Feb and not having to travel to MD or Del.
Thanks again as we did nt hit the dock til 6.30 as Capt kept us out late to try and get more meat. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I was on the boat as well (big tall guy up on the bow). Thought captain Paul did a great job of letting us know what was going on and worked hard to keep us on fish all day. Don't know of many captains that will run deep at the time they would normally be heading for the barn.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I guess paul needs a bigger boat with all those fares aboard. :D Who can fault a boatload of fishermen wanting to put some tasty tog in the box? Especially with a great captain like Paul at the helm!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
It sure does sound like he tried his best running to the deep when you were already south. Thats alot better than leaving a little early and doing 8 knots all the way home so ya get home later than expected. Tog Tacos for the lucky few that made it out.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was on the boat as well (big tall guy up on the bow). Thought captain Paul did a great job of letting us know what was going on and worked hard to keep us on fish all day. Don't know of many captains that will run deep at the time they would normally be heading for the barn.
Fluka def remember you had one of the 1st keepers, hope to see u next weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts