BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the summer has anyone caught any porgies along the coast, meaning off rockpiles or jetties or in the inlets?? I didnt see any diving this year that I confirmed were porgies but I also dont want to have to go SCUBA diving just to spear a few this upcoming season.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats one of my usual dive haunts, thanks Ill keep that in mind!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Two years ago a bunch of porgies showed up in and behind corsons inlet (in August/September if my memory is correct). I remember one day in particular when we were pulling them into the boat one after another using bloodworms on spot rigs. I believe we got 4 keepers out of about 50.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I know around Barnegate inlet is a good spot. Ive seen them caught off Manasquan inlet before too.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Catch a bunch of them in Cape May inlet only about 3-4" long would make perfect Striper bait if you could keep them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Small porgies

I'm always amazed that the porgy fishing in the Barnegat area is as poor as it is...small fish...larger ones are few and far between. In Long Island Sound you could sink your boat bailing porgies. :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.