BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No CR yet (trouble @ the boat yard!!) - so my brother and I are gona jump on the Porgy tommorow - any reports on the inshore toggin?

TF

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
As Porgy Paul says, "good luck!" Looking forward to your report. My Dad, nephy and I want to get an early tip on the boat soon.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
PLEASE....... Tell Capt Paul to "" watch out for those warm water hazards "" Love Fishpicker !!!

BTW he'll put ya on the meat if the ham and eggers don't mess him up :D

·
Registered
980 Posts
I'm going today .a friend of mine went on sat .and limited out .and to my surprise ,I was told that every female fish was voluntarily released .:D

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a long day - up at 4am and pulled in the driveway at 7pm. Things started off on a ominious note as I am from the Aston Deleaware County area and use the Commadore Barry Bridge to enter NJ - CLOSED at 4:45am sat morning! Apparently there was a fatal accident around 2 am that had the bridge shutdown! Had to go south to the Delaware Memorrial Bridge and cut over Rt 40 to 55. Wasn't too bad and only added about 20 extra to the commute. Got to Cape May around 7.

My brother and I went on the Porgy and had a real nice day. Weather was outstanding in the mroning but by the 2nd half of the day the sun went away and the wind started whippin.

Only about 15 customers which made moving around on the rail no problem. Lots of 13 inch fish caught. I ended up with a dozen shorties and 5 keepers, including a 6 lber that tied for the pool with a woman who was celebrating her BDay! Brother had 3 keepers and a half dozen shorties.

Overall - a great day with lots of cold Ml's and lots of action. Tasty tog for dinner tonight. Definately need one more tog trip before the end of May

·
Banned
83 Posts
Hey Kevin a.k.a The Togfather

Glad to hear you had such a good trip. CR is back and is ready to go this weekend. Call Blinky or Bronco probably Blinky. 6lb huh...got any pics?

Andrew

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no pics - and it may have been 7lbs! LOL. Won the pool (actually split it) 2nd time in a row with paul - hmmm.....must be the boat. Capt. Paul, Rob and I had some laughs at the expense of John and the CR. All good fun-in around.

good luck if you fianlly get in the water. Tell Mike I said hello and that I will be down to show you guys how to catch the elusive tog before all to long.

TF

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Bird of Prey said:
Will the Captain Robbins and the Porgy be fishing for Tog on Sunday, 4/20?
The porgy will be black fishing for sure. I'm almost certain the CR will be also. Look up their phone number and give them a call to verify.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
The CR is back in the water and will return to the dock tomorrow.

call for what day he will start, most definately the weekend

the beav

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not usre of the Cr but the Porgy was 55 and 5 for a rental.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts