BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fish a lot at my dear friends' dock at their house on the bay. I also fish from there in a friend's boat. I have been fortunate enough to catch keepers of various types - stripers, blues, flounder etc. They are not set up at all for cleaning the fish, so I just kneel down on the dock with a small cutting board and do the job.

I want to come up with a portable fish cleaning/fillet table. I figure to buy a large polyethylene cutting board and attach it to a folding table of sorts, which I can store in their shed. I want to be able to sit in a chair (or maybe on a stool) at this table and do the job in an easier, faster and more efficient manner.

Any suggestions folks? Thanks

·
Registered
865 Posts
i think you pretty much got it go buy a 5ft folding plastic table from Kmart and silicone a cutting board to the top of it call it a day :)

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
The snack tables that people use next to their chair. They fold up pretty flat. Mount your poly to the existing top.

The only problem I see with them is the legs once open don't really snap in place, might want to figure out a way to clip the legs open tight.

You can talk a drill a hole through the stop and leg horizontal support, use a pin with cotter pin idea or similar to make sure the leg stays open and doesn't move.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I used to use these plano shelves which are a good size and a perfect cutting surface. I used 2 shelves, 1 as a base and 1 as a top. cut pvc pipe to length to get the right height. they run about 15 bucks.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
We are carrying a new portable cleaning table from Rapala. One of my favorite new items at the shows this year.

Here's the regular size one available either at the shop or in the online store
it is 32" x 16" 36" tall and has a knife slot, grooves to direct liquids, and a hole in the foward center where you can hang a bucket.

http://www.offthehooktackle.com/product/rapala-fish-rsquon-game-cleaning-station-162294-1.htm?catalogTypeId=1

We also have a larger one that is 48 x 19" in stock, but it's only available for in store pickup for now.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I just went and cut a cultured marble bath room sink top! cut the sink off and i have a 24 x 20 cutting board for bait and i put a piece of PVC pipe to it so it fits in my rod holder on the boat! Cost me penny's! My large cutting board I took it out of a dumpster behind a resturaunt, took it home bleached it, scrubbed it and I had a free 36" x 24" cutting board! Inside my home is a different story, I went to Lowe's and they had a special order butcher block island for a kitchen priced from $499.99 to $199.99 and I paid $75.00! Its beautiful, it has a cabinet under it, 4 large casters, and the top is 48" x 26", so for all my cutting boards I spent maybe $80!

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I just went and cut a cultured marble bath room sink top! cut the sink off and i have a 24 x 20 cutting board for bait and i put a piece of PVC pipe to it so it fits in my rod holder on the boat! Cost me penny's! My large cutting board I took it out of a dumpster behind a resturaunt, took it home bleached it, scrubbed it and I had a free 36" x 24" cutting board! Inside my home is a different story, I went to Lowe's and they had a special order butcher block island for a kitchen priced from $499.99 to $199.99 and I paid $75.00! Its beautiful, it has a cabinet under it, 4 large casters, and the top is 48" x 26", so for all my cutting boards I spent maybe $80!
How did you get the butcher block from$499.99 to $75? That's a pretty impressive buy, I might look you up next time I go car shopping:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts