BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I just saw the latest weather forecast. It now looks like that Monday may be a great weather day up at the mecca (Montauk).:thumbsup:

If the forecast holds I am seriously thinking of going out on one final (for me anyway) weekday Montauk Cod trip.

Since early January I have been up there five times. (Out of the five trips, I enjoyed insane fishing twice, I had to work for my limit 2 other times, and I fell short of the mark with just six keepers the one other trip.)

If anyone is interested in going out, let me know. There sould be several different viable boat options.

Peter

·
Registered
214 Posts
mon. cod

4 or 5 of us are going up was going to make res. in the morning on the viking fleet. what boat were you planning or do you know a less crowded or better boat ?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Viking is very good. My only concern with them is that they get the biggest crowd.

The Rosie generally won't take out more than 20 fisherman and the Miss Montauk will cap herself at something like 30 to 35 fishermen. Both very good boats.

The leaves the Marlin Princess 6 ( a local boat), Captain Lou and Celtic Quest. I have not fished on them for Cod so I really am in no position to comment on them one way or the other.

Peter

·
Registered
595 Posts
Peter, here's a special I saw the Marlin Princess posted one time. Monday looks to be realy nice.

posted 01/24/2010 09:51 AM
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/URL]
Capt Ed will be back from a well derserved couple of days of R&R. and is ready for the cod season full time. We will be resume fishing this Saturday Jan 30. Starting on Monday Feb 1st we will be running a WORKMANS WEEKDAY SPECIAL, groups of 5 or more will get a SPECISL RATE OF $ 80.00 PER MAN. These prices will be in effect from Monday to Friday only and are by RESERVATION ONLY. Regular rates will prevail for non group members so get a group together and get the benefit of this SPECIAL RATE. We are looking forward in getting back into action so come and join us on the MARLIN VI PRINCESS a full time Montauk Boat and a Captain with over 50 years of Montauk fishing
experience. Give us a call 631-668-4700

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark,

I have heard nice things about the MP6 from local guys up there. I am also thinking about a certain 48' up there. I like the crew on the boat and their fare ($125pp, plus tip) is not that much more than a party boat. I already have a call into them (they are out on the water right now and my buddy is on the boat).

When are you thinking of heading up next?

I have illusions of getting some really nice size fish the next time up on some monster jigs. We will see what really happens.

Peter

·
Registered
595 Posts
Peter I think my brother is going to go with us too. When you here back from the smaller boat let me know. Nice to only have 10 or 12 guys I guess on that boat for the same price of the other guys. The other option maybe is the MP6. He probabaly limits to 40 I guess its ok for that boat for $80 if we get the discount, waiting to here back.

Jameytree keep and eye out for updates about this post. We might go on a smaller boat that I think will cost $125 but only takes 10 I think. Peter knows more info on the boat, we'll have to wait and here back from him.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just heard back that the Susie e2 already has a charter for Monday

sounds like the marlin princess is a good alternative

Peter

·
Registered
595 Posts
Ok sounds good, seems like the Viking reported slow fishing today but the MP6 had this to report. either way I'm looking to go if the weather is good and it looks good.

Todays cod trip on the Marlin VI Princess 2/20 was lock and load fishing. The bite started as soon as we set up one drop and we were limited by 8:15 with fish up to 20lbs. Still some spots available for Mon. Cod trip so give a call and come on out.631-668-4700

·
Registered
214 Posts
montclair to montauk ?

hey peb, i have to drop my son off at msu i see you live near there . what's the best way to head to montauk from there ? do you just take rt3 to 495 , tunnel and thru the city or do you go up to gwb, 95 and come back down ? it will probably be about 9:00-9:30pm when well be dropping him back off at school then heading fishing from there. what way do you go? thanks.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.