BASS BARN banner

Post Your Opening Day Flounder!

2K views 43 replies 33 participants last post by  eelball 
#1 ·
Use this post to show us the flounder you catch on Saturday! Can't wait.... only a few days away!.

#10 ·
I caught my 1st one of the year today. With no bait and no weakfish to be had we made a couple of drifts through the stakes with bucktails and pink gulp swimmers. We caught one 17er that killed me to put back and a nice one that released itself at the rail. It won't be long now.

#12 ·
i think he means inches

#22 ·
Put 7 in the box,biggest 5 lbs.and all other keepers nice fish.Bucktails(white)with cut bait and a minnow.Fish were in 15-20 ft.,no keepers in our secret spots.All good fish caught along Inland Water Way with the crowds.Very steady,caught them at both tides.Sea Isle,Avalon area.Saw some kids catch,that was the best part of the day.

#24 ·
Fished OC area today. Tough conditions with wind against tide then a FAST drift on the incoming. Did manage 3 keepers out of 10 and 5 blues. Had to duck behind the islands to make the drift tolerable. All caught in shallow 3.5 to 6 foot depths on white buck and mack.

#25 ·
Late report Saturday....
Fished from 11 am till about 4pm...
caught a bunch of flounder... 1 keeper around 17".
It has to be good Karma when the first fish caught on a new boat is a keeper

#26 ·
No pics but heres the fish report:
Water temp 62-63 on the outgoing. A couple shorts until the tide changed. Using mackeral and spearing. Lots of crabs stripping the baits. Wind picked up out of the wrong direction. Started bump trolling at the end of the tide and immediately picked up a keeper of 20". Just about out of bait, so i picked up a pt of minnows. Kept bump trolling until the tide and wind were headed the same direction. Picked up 2 19" an a 17". After 12:30, nothing but shorts and crabs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.