BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 ft Sea Hunt w/twin 150 Yamahas
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had to touch up the powder coat pain on their center console? My boat is a 2012 and I have some of the paint chipping and I want to so some sanding in the spring and touch it up before I put her in the water! I don't want to do what my buddy did and remove it and send it out to be sand blasted and repainted. He had the canvas to and it was heavy as crap, I have the hard top, and could just imagine the weight! lol
Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
4 Posts
you cannot touch up with powder coat, it is an all or nothing proposition. sorry i couldn't give you better news. btw, what kind of paint do you have on their now, maybe you could touch up with a 2k or two component coating like a urethane or epoxy that would get you something close and not require heat to cure or fuse the coating to the part.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, I'm clueless about what kind of paint to use or even where to get it. Do boat dealers or repair shops carry it or do I go to a Home depot or something? Sorry for my ignorance about it, my last CC was just stainless.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The footings where the top screws into the deck is exposed and a few other spots. Wouldn't bother me except for the fact that I have so much money tied up in the boat, you know the expense of these damn things! lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
The footings where the top screws into the deck is exposed and a few other spots. Wouldn't bother me except for the fact that I have so much money tied up in the boat, you know the expense of these damn things! lol
I have touched up that area on my boat with a can of Total Marine Gelcoat White with Wax I also use it to touch up other gelcoat areas on my boat It is still holdin up after a Year ago.I never sanded the area though,just did not want to look at a couple of bare metal chips

·
Registered
91 Posts
My thinking is they tell you to to rough up the are a little bit before applying the gelcoat.That is why I did not sand the metal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have touched up that area on my boat with a can of Total Marine Gelcoat White with Wax I also use it to touch up other gelcoat areas on my boat It is still holdin up after a Year ago.I never sanded the area though,just did not want to look at a couple of bare metal chips
Thanks, I'll hit the local boat sales place and see if they have the paint in stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts