BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with them? Is the signature series worth the extra money over the Pro series? I am putting a 6 ft model on my scout costa along with a CMC jackplate and a bracket to mount Power Pole. Not to popular an item in New Jersey so its hard to find anyone around that has a set up like I want. Thanks,

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have installed both the main difference is the pumps.Basic model uses bennett trim pump for hydraulics the upgrade uses similar to mercruiser trim pump,both very good.I could quote price give me a call or email.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Anchor pins are huge down here, almost a necessity. More and more people have started using Stick-it pins instead of the power pole. I guess its a money thing, but some say the PP gets in the way while up, others say it doesn't last with hard use. I have used the Stick-it and it works very well, never had it come loose.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
I fish with a guy in SW Florida a lot who has a 6 ft power pole. There are many times every day that he wishes he got an 8 foot.

·
Registered
16,541 Posts
They are great. Way easier than staking with a push pole.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought that too,

I fish with a guy in SW Florida a lot who has a 6 ft power pole. There are many times every day that he wishes he got an 8 foot.
But I have been advised by a couple guys, I dont want the power pole anchor to be above the poling platform when its retracted. They say its just too high. Scout also recommends the 6 ft. Thanks, Perhaps at such a small cost adding a 8ft stick it is the way to go if you want more. Im sure the pin can be secured in a rod holder under the gunnel. You can even get 10 ft poles for that.

·
Registered
341 Posts
FYI - Franzwa's Marine in Millville is an authorized Power Pole Dealer. stop by and talk with them at the AC boat show...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts