BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never really thrown a chatterbait, but seeing people do it, I told myself I had to give it a shot this season. Went out 2nd week of April to search for some prespawn bass. Air temp was 50 degrees forecasted to go up to 53, so water must be at least in high 40s, if not 50 since it was right after the few days of warm weather before the air temp dipped again.

I painted the jig head via Pro-Tech powder paint and i just added on a rubber skirt from an old spinnerbait. Trailer was a Keitech Fat Swing Impact around 4"

Surprisingly this lure does wonders slow rolled at the bottom or at least lower half of the water column! Going to play with this some more this season to figure out all the ways to retrieve it!

What are your favorite Chatterbait brand/variation and how do you fish it?

Check out the video for my 1.5 hour slay fest!

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
One of my favorite lures to throw. Great for South Jersey shallow, weedy puddles. I use to go with the Booyah Boogee Bait. Crushed tons of bass on them. Now I stick with the Z-Man chatter. White is always my favorite and I always use some sort of plastic trailer. Theses lures are good for post front conditions. They produce when the bite is tough.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of my favorite lures to throw. Great for South Jersey shallow, weedy puddles. I use to go with the Booyah Boogee Bait. Crushed tons of bass on them. Now I stick with the Z-Man chatter. White is always my favorite and I always use some sort of plastic trailer. Theses lures are good for post front conditions. They produce when the bite is tough.

that's awesome to know! i am south nj too so i gotta put more in my box for this season lol. I wonder if z-man is looking for prostaffers mmmmm lol

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
made about 10 casts on the juniata river last saturday, caught 2 large smallmouth, around 19-20" on my go to lure the rebel crayfish, stopped fishing after the 10 casts, i do not like to disturb the fish on the beds to much

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
made about 10 casts on the juniata river last saturday, caught 2 large smallmouth, around 19-20" on my go to lure the rebel crayfish, stopped fishing after the 10 casts, i do not like to disturb the fish on the beds to much
that's interesting! nothing is on beds yet around my way, but with the temperature going up for next week, i am sure that will happen soon! I do bed fishing sometimes only at certain bodies of waters such as a residential pond/corporate pond that all ppl do are catch and release. a few babies get eaten will keep the big bass bigger lol.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice bass! what trailer do u use for ur chatterbaits Fish Devil?

Thx Bittenbass

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Go to Canada every year, late June. We fish a small cove off the main lake with the z-man trout/panfish 1/8 oz. on an ultra light and they are killers for crappies. They come with 2 small minnows in the pack for the trailer. We even have bass hit the small ones from time to time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts