BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up and saw thast my oldest (Dante-9) won the Youth freshwater division with a 3lb 12oz trout. He's excited. The day he got it he had 2 other bigger trout snap his line. I take the fault with that. Old line and improper drag set, not to mention it was very light line on the ultralight. He managed to get that one nice one, and I'm a proud pop today. Some of his other catches are blues, weakies, fluke, and striper. He also enjoys freshwater with pickeral, largemouth, perch trout and even got a hybrid at bauer's(thanx joe) Something that I have yet to do. I think he's gonna be a force to be wreckened with in the coming year. I think he's almost ready to play with the big boys. :D

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Congrats to you and the little one.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Congrats to eel ball and eel ball Jr. We know the feeling.

My son is now the youth RECORD HOLDER for the Inshore Lizard fish !!!!

Last summer I posted here asking if anyone has heard of the fish and you guys gave me the info, Thanks.

Anyway, it was listed as a notable catch.

Little bay boat,motor ,and trailer ,$3000.

Odds and ends + gear, $200.

Bait and fuel, $15.

The look on his face when he saw his name in the newspaper, and that it said "Youth Record" next to it, PRICLESS !!!! Not bad for a 9 year old. Don't know who's happier him or I.

Keeps asking me all day, "Dad it's not too bad out today, can we go fishing"?

This fall he WALLOPED a 16.6 Lb striper next to the Margate toll bridge. Refused help reeling him in, tells me "I got this Dad".

Santa brought him is OWN Slamming, rod and reel set up for Christmas !!!!

[ 01-15-2005, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: C-phase ]

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
To top off our weekend my son just placed 2nd in his first ever wrestling tournament!!! He got a big trophy and a bigger smile. :D

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Congrats to all the kids and pops for their accomplishments, and for the pops that trained them well. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Nice, Way To Go Dante,,, Congrats....

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congrats Sr.eelball and junior..Doesn't get any better than that now...Life is short and before you know it our sons will hopefully be passing this great sport on to theres and than will we as fathers realize that this was all we wanted and could ask for...Nothing like a fathers pride for his son...Good stuff George...Pazman

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.