BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When fishing the Delaware Bay in Cape May County....Would any type of West wind in your face be an advantage, like a north east win on the ocean side?

Planning on getting out this weekend, damn wind looks like it'll be kicking

·
Registered
197 Posts
Look at the new "on the water" magazine for this month. Talks about what your question is in detail for the exact location you're asking about.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just at tackle direct and they didnt have that magazine. Most tackle shops have it?
oorrrrr you could just slip a little info this way from what you saw??? :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Years of personal experience tells me that everything in the bay bites the day before a good NE Wind. Otherwise I like it onshore, depending on your location.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Due to the relatively shallow waters of the D Bay combined with the fact that a Westerlie wind has whipped up the surface coming from Delaware - 15 miles across- the water is usually pretty mucked up and loaded with debris. I make it a point to surf/jetty fish the D Bay when the wind is at my back. Even in a STRONG NE wind the beaches are real comfortable and calm where i fish.These beaches along the D Bay are lower than the land mass behind you--which blocks most of the wind. It's not like a 'good NE wind is better for stripers'--Ocean beaches theory. The D Bay turns into unfishable crap on the Jersey side in a stiff steady West wind. I've surf/jetty fished from NCM to Anglesea since the mid 70's.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, yea the west wind does turn that water into a nasty soup.... Ill just try a bunch of conditions and keep the details in my log.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.