BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched union beach at just after 6am, ended at 11:30. Covered a lot of ground, 10.5 miles trolling.

What worked today was shallow running hard plugs. Metal lipped and SP minnows.

Hooked 5 total, dropped one. 2 shorts and 2 keepers. 29" and 35" give or take, Didn't measure it.

First pic tells you the type of day. Second is the reason of the slimming. Love blood on the yak.

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Chilled and cleaned up a piece of the striper. Sliced it thin, a little soy sauce. Excellent sashimi.

I bleed the fish so each fillet is a beautiful clear meat.

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott I started out fishing a bubblegum Tube &Worm and a sebile silver spoon. No hits at all. Had fish swirling on the surface, surface water temp first thing out was 48, 54 by the time I left.

Another guy out there, we spoke on SOL yesterday and meet up today. He got into fish on metal lip plug. That there was the light bulb on the brain. They wanted shallow running. Soon as I put the shallow plugs on it was almost instant fish.

The fish I got were all caught 8:30-9:45. The wind died and so did the bite. It actually was like glass for a bit of time. We lost that wind turbulence on the surface.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Shallow plugs were the trick Sat. night too. Fish were in the upper water column...top 5 ft. Tried a bit of Striper raw as Sashimi....you were right...delicious!!

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KJV, I was using a Creek Chub Surfster bunker at first. It was ok in way of action.

I put on a RM Tackle plug and what a difference in the tail wiggle that bugger has. Also used a Salty plug, Same thing great tail wiggle at even the slower speeds. These were the 3.5 inch ones. I just ordered a larger Salty and I have some jointed RMs that should work well too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts