BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any fellow Barner- have a prop puller for a 4 blade 1" 1/2" shaft i can rent or borrow , barter a shark/tuna trip ect lol, need to pull prop and really dont feel like spending 250 plus for one,thanks Mike N.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
If you are pulling your props to have them serviced, Atlantis Propellors (sponsor) will lend you one of their pullers.

·
Registered
271 Posts
X2 for Atlantis Props... I wanted to get my props checked so I contacted Ray and picked up their puller at Garden State Marina for a weekend. Returned my props and the puller to GS and Atlantis came out to pick them up. Very convenient...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes thanks guys for the replys, yes the props are going to Ray, he has done my props before, problem is his puller at the time wouldnt work, so i had to borrow another, and that guy split with puller and we cant find him, so here i am lol

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
What do u need a big wrench for the nut? I have a 24" shaft ajustable from my families old 50 footer which was what we used. Let me know if that will work

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No wrench needed but ty, i just need a puller, the type with a fork on one end, c - clamp type wont work...

·
Registered
829 Posts
Where is your boat ? We can pull your props next time we are in your naborhood.Our insurance will not let us lend or rent tools or equipment.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replys guys, the Barn guys are are great, Capt Keith of the charter boat Obesession here in Waretown stopped by today and dropped off his puller and even removed prop nuts for me, talk about a stand up guy....Big shout out to Capt Keith and the rest of u who offerd to help. THANKS..... and if u need a charter or need to buy a boat give Keith or ur fellow barners a shout.....support those who help us....

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
misokat,

I hope the new puller works for you, but if Ray's was unable to do the job you might need to apply some fast heat to the hub to get it to pop. I have yet to meet a prop puller that can remove my wheels without the aid of a #8 rosebud and an oxy-acetylene torch.

Don't forget to keep one nut on the shaft, close to the hub, to catch the prop when it pops. If it doesn't pop with a little hammering on the puller end, you may need some fast heat.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts