BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres one that I reminded myself of that should stirr. Don't be mad. I post what I do and you post what you do. No hard feelings. Just for fun.

White marlin flag: Will fly one for each fish released until I run out.

Blue Marlin Flag: Will fly one for each fish released

Tuna Flag: Will fly only 1 even if we catch and realese 30.

Shark Flag: Will fly one for each Mako. No OTHER sharks count.

Wahoo Flag: Don't own one

Dolphin Flag: Won't fly one. Would consider it if we are weighing a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY big one in a tournament. MAYBE. Never any other time.

Skunk Flag; YOU MUST BE KIDDING!!! Not on your life.

Pink Panties / Bloomers: When weighing a big Blue Girl At white marlin open or MA500

Each Flag has its own set of clips or rigging wire and they are spaced correctly or rt rigger 2/3 of the way up.

Flags DO NOT fly more than 24hrs. Do my best to get them down earlier.

Will not nail anyones flag to the dock. Unless I am only in town for a short time and I know the captain and its a payback. Also have been known to plant bananas.

I will take your flags down for you and put in your tackle center at times if I know you are ok with it.

Please take my Flags down if i forget and put in my tackle center.

I'm sure I missed a few things here!!!

· Registered
4,773 Posts
One to remember.... Diver down means steer clear of the flag!!! I had a boater in Barnegat inlet actually motor up to my buoy and pull it out of the water!!! Next time just run me over instead!

· Registered
421 Posts
Use to fly fish flags but got away from it, the only flag I fly now is the good old red, white and blue. Never heard of the pink panties, cool though, would like to see somebody backing into south jersey's or canyon club's scales with a huge fish and a pair flying.

· Registered
1,173 Posts
Basically agree with your position, except there is waaaaay too much competitive spirit on my dock to allow just one tuna flag to be hung when the catch warrants more. I've actually heard a dockmate on his cell saying "they only got one" when we actually had 23. One dolphin flag adds a nice touch of color to any rigger, but I agree that flying one is kinda lame.

I've seen some flags in our marina that have been up so long they are tattered from the wind - or is it from nails instead:eek:?

· Registered
8,050 Posts
I fly um for as long as it takes me to get back to the boat. it all about fun and that is what is fun for me.

One for each kind of fish caught.

I am looking to get some friends some flounder flags as it is all they fish for.

I once hung Pops underwear off his Ypaz for leaving them on my boat after a days clammin... The breezed for two weeks before he noticed...LOL

· Registered
4,027 Posts
There really ought to be a chum flag for when you have a slick out. Considering how pissed people get when you get inside a quarter mile. Its a lot easier to see a flag than a slick in the water if you are not in a tower or FB, I would suggest the Quarintine flag or the skunk flag. Any thoughts?

· Registered
8,050 Posts
laundry dosen't hang past 11 the next day.. if it does it gets nailed to the dock :)
Thats what I have heard and thats cool and practical for folks without a job and live on or next too their boat.

However, their are other rules too, like the touch anothers boat or flags and your cockpit or cab of truck with magically fill with fresh carcass. Rules are rules... :cool:

· Registered
2,833 Posts
We'd usually show up hung over the next day to get the flags down...sometimes LATE in the day.

We were always threatened to have them nailed to the dock, BUT NO ONE HAD THE BALLS TO DO IT! THAT'S RIGHT...I'M TALKING TO YOU, MF'ERS!!!

...for everyone else reading this, it is a bit cryptic...I hope that the intended readers see it...I know that they will. All are registered Barners...just not very active on the board as of late :D:D:D

· Registered
28,805 Posts
Thats what I have heard and thats cool and practical for folks without a job and live on or next too their boat.

However, their are other rules too, like the touch anothers boat or flags and your cockpit or cab of truck with magically fill with fresh carcass. Rules are rules... :cool:
capt only happens to friends :) not strangers :)

take em down before you leave the dock... its all about showing off anyway aint it

· Registered
2,998 Posts
I fly um for as long as it takes me to get back to the boat. it all about fun and that is what is fun for me.

One for each kind of fish caught.

I am looking to get some friends some flounder flags as it is all they fish for.

I once hung Pops underwear off his Ypaz for leaving them on my boat after a days clammin... The breezed for two weeks before he noticed...LOL
SAME HERE ,,I ONLY HAVE A 20FT BOAT BUT DO A LOT OF INSIDE TROLLING.SO WHEN I GET LUCKY AND HAVE A GOOD DAY I FLY THE FLAGS... A BFT FLAG ,DOLPHIN FLAG ,ETC. ONE TRIP I HAD A KING MACK,BFT & DOLPHIN ALL INSIDE ON MY LITTLE 20 FOOT BOAT ,,COMING BACK THRU THE INLET WITH THE 3 FLAGS FLYING, I DONT CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK THE FEELING FOR ME IS GREAT...PS I DO HAVE A FLUKE FLAG AND USE IT WHEN I HAVE KIDS OR FRIENDS ON BOARD WHEN WE GET A KEEPER....%$^&^ (sorry about all the caps)

Joe R.
20ft Classic SeaCraft
Susie II

· Registered
8,050 Posts
Philly, that wasn't directed at you buddy. it is a common joke amongst friends, no doubt. i was smiling as I wrote this. However, and I am not superstitious, but the last time someone other than myself took my flags down I didn't do so good. So now our rulle is the capt puts um up and takes um down.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.