BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Trenton paper reported that the proposed law for striped bass limits does not contain any closed season. I didn't see any in the law when I looked. Can anyone confirm this?

Regardless of your preference for new limits, I think most will agree we need to protect spring spawners and winter residents.

Leave it to government to even make fishing complicated.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
If he is talking the D river, there is a closed season.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
:rolleyes: PEOPLE, EATING, TASTY, ANIMALS.
I'm a member for Life! :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeeze! Easy there folks, I'm a bass eater, too. The fishery is/was closed in the Delaware during April and May and closed in all non-ocean waters in January and February. I am concerned about the potential for taking large numbers of bass during these periods, especially the river spawners.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Beach Blitz, there is time for details and there is time for everyone to get on the same page and get the required laws passed. Once we get over the possible shut down then I for one will gladly listen to any other good ideas.

That includes the current crop of fish saviours. Back the proposed bill and get it passed or get out of this state. Lets worry about changes later on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to disagree, Dave. I think it was a lack of attention, and incompetence by our representatives that caused this mess. I agree the priority is to avoid or minimize a shut down, but not at any cost. Good legislation does not take any more time than bad legislation, just more effort.

I appreciate your perspective, but I'll leave Joisey when I'm ready, but not before November 15th!

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Thanks for the input Blitz. You?re correct, it only takes a few moment to type the closed season language into the legislation. If we don't take care of the spawners now, we'll be bitching in a couple of years that the regs are being changed to one fish at 36 inches or something similar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.