BASS BARN banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
He and I have had some e-mail going back in forth in attempts to resolve our differences.

After getting a sense of who he is, and with my previous respect for all he tries to do around here, in terms of raising awareness of striped bass, the cyclical shifts in our catches and their importance, I would like to publically apologize for any stress I or my comments may have caused him.

I didn't realize how much he has been through, and I now do, and do not wish to add any more stress to his life....

A lot of ya's have seen my posts here in the same vein as Billo...I love striped bass to the point where it may be considered an obsession, and have been a fierce supporter of fishemens' rights, beach access, and have attended all major protests against unfair rules that come down on us fishermen.

Other posts you may have seen of mine may sometimes seem a little blunt or caustic...

I try to call a spade a spade, have no problem teasiing anyone here in fun and jest, and surround myself with people who love fishing and life as much as I do...

Although I'm not averse to sparring on the internet, I now see that sparring wth Billo was wrong, and I regret it.

Therefore, I extended him an olive branch and would be glad to buy him lunch or coffee if he ever makes it up to Northern NJ. He is one of the good ones.....his enthusiasm and love of fishing, despite all he has been through.. could be an inspiration to future anglers everywhere....and I will not do anything in the future to diminish the bright light that shines within Billo....

We need more people like you in this world, Billo :thumbsup:
Thanks for your words, I will pray that things for all of us get better.
Hoping to meet you soon....:wave:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
He and I have had some e-mail going back in forth in attempts to resolve our differences.

After getting a sense of who he is, and with my previous respect for all he tries to do around here, in terms of raising awareness of striped bass, the cyclical shifts in our catches and their importance, I would like to publically apologize for any stress I or my comments may have caused him.

I didn't realize how much he has been through, and I now do, and do not wish to add any more stress to his life....

A lot of ya's have seen my posts here in the same vein as Billo...I love striped bass to the point where it may be considered an obsession, and have been a fierce supporter of fishemens' rights, beach access, and have attended all major protests against unfair rules that come down on us fishermen.

Other posts you may have seen of mine may sometimes seem a little blunt or caustic...

I try to call a spade a spade, have no problem teasiing anyone here in fun and jest, and surround myself with people who love fishing and life as much as I do...

Although I'm not averse to sparring on the internet, I now see that sparring wth Billo was wrong, and I regret it.

Therefore, I extended him an olive branch and would be glad to buy him lunch or coffee if he ever makes it up to Northern NJ. He is one of the good ones.....his enthusiasm and love of fishing, despite all he has been through.. could be an inspiration to future anglers everywhere....and I will not do anything in the future to diminish the bright light that shines within Billo....

We need more people like you in this world, Billo :thumbsup:
Thanks for your words, I will pray that things for all of us get better.
Hoping to meet you soon....:wave:
email - right back at you friend:thumbsup::):wave:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts