BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching through some of the posts here and a lot of people make suggestions to go with Tequila sunrise charters or Capt Ricks. I've heard good and bad things about both.

I'm a serious offshore angler and I'm looking for finally getting a shot at a sailfish. My last few vacations haven't allowed me to fish due to weather even though I planned during high sailfish season.

I am looking not just for a service, but the best BOAT for a shot at a sailfish. We have 5 guys so it will need to be 30-35 most likely, probably 3/4 day since the rest of them are coming down from Cancun. I am staying right in PA.

Are there any charterboats not associated with these two services? I would go with them, but as you can guess, I am rather particular about my boats and I want to go out with passionate, good captains and mates.

On another note, do any of the services provide transportation to town fron cancun? I know the guide services often do that, I'm not sure if a charter service would set anything up or not.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you are staying right in PA you can walk over to the marina and check things out there are a lot of charter boats in there....depending upon which resort you are staying at or hop a taxi and check it out.

I was on a boat there called the Hooker. I forget who ran the operation It was one of the two you mentioned. We hooked up with white marlin, dolphin and barracuda.

Fishing starts about a mile from the inlet.

Good luck hope you get your shot at that sail.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After I read the article in Saltwater Sportsman this past year, I decided to go for catching every species of billfish in the world. I have been fishing in sailfish country (KeyWest and Mexico) at least 5 times for at least 6 fishing days, and missed out many more days due to weather. I am really itching to get this sailfish under my belt. Maybe I will even get a shot at an atlantic blue. I got my Pacific blue 2 years ago. A couple whites under my belt also.

I figure this year I may have a shot at some blues up this way and maybe even a swordfish.

Thanks for the input. Anyone else?

·
Registered
24 Posts
me and a buddy went on a cruise in jan.we went fishing on boat called the mr fisherman it was 625.00 for 3/4 of a day a we had 3.5hr battle with a 500+lb blue marlin the capt and met were the best it was the frist time marlin fishing it was the greatest to see that big fish come out of the water and dance across the top of the water the numbers for capt Jose are home 787-724-2079 2cell numbers 787-234-8849 787-209-6926;) ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts