BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out I will be heading down to Puerto Vallarta in October for a wedding and definataly want to do some fishing. Can anyone direct me to a reputable charter/captain and also what type of fishing might I expect that time of year ?

Thanks in advance,
Chris :)naughty:bent rod:naughty:) Turner

· Registered
4,131 Posts
Haha, Im gonna be done there during the same time! Late October for me. I am thinking about Chartering Josh Temple.... The big Yellowfin bite is going off around then, and the Marlin (black,blue,striped and sails) is the best it gets around there for that time of year!

If your down the same time, maybe we can split a charter! I was gonna charter 2 days for just myself anyway!

Brian

· Registered
61 Posts
PV charter

Ive been to Puerta Vallarta quite a bit.
I have always chartered with Danny Osuna of Marlas Sportfishing.
he is located in Nuevo Vallarta which is just North of town.
They have two boats and they are good captains and very reasonable.

· Registered
7,201 Posts
Capt Josh Temple.

MARLA II SPORTFISHING
Capt. Danny Osuna
011 52 329 295 5073
011 52 329 295 5554 home
011 52 322 429 4151 cell
Email: <A href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]
31 Foot Pacemaker twin diesels-located in town of La Cruz but Danny will pick you up at any of the Marinas and even in Mita, but you will need to pay for a panga ride out and back ($30-50)

RATES:
$850

PACIFICO SPORTFISHING
Capt. Manny Ocaranza
Tel- (US) 310 755-8135
Email- [email protected]

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Swab,
I believe I will either be there around the weekends of Oct 16th or the following week around the 23rd. If it works out, I would definataly be interested in splitting a charter. When the time gets close I will post a message.

Thanks guys,
Bent Rod

· Registered
4,131 Posts
I think we are planning to be there the weekend of the 23rd to the weekend of the 30th.... Not sure what resort we are staying at... Letting my girlfriend pick it all out... Im just shelling out the cash on the condition that I get to fish 2-3 days :D

Brian

· Registered
997 Posts
Went to Dreams on honeymoon there and fished with Jackpot sportfishing late Oct 2008. Very good time and they put us on the fish. Check out their site. The wife caught a mahi mahi over 40 lbs.Put a hurtin on her. This was her 1st time in big water. She does fish in the back bays here.Have a good trip.:thumbsup:

· Registered
3,599 Posts
Went to Dreams also Brian. Great place. Good food.

I traveled to Punta Mita by bus and went with a guy named Chewey who is part of that click of panga guides down there. The price was per hour. The water was very cold and dirty for April so I had to abandon hopes of roosters and we caught alot of fish on the jig. African pomps, groupers, etc.

· Registered
277 Posts
Last time I was down there just got one the panga guys right from the beach then went out towards the island (name?) and saw tons of huge bait balls with either tuna or billfish attacking them, it was awesome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.