BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Free to a good home. Bailey is a 2 year old pure bred Irish Setter. She's very sweet, house broken, and has had some obedience training. Hate to give her up but her and our other dog (a Jack Russel with a Napolean complex) can not seem to get along, although she is fine with most other dogs. She gets along great with children and has a limitless amount of energy!

Please email any inquiries to [email protected]

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She was never fixed becuase we had been considering breeding her.
She has never been around cats so I can't say whether she would get along with them or not. She is very energetic and playful, and since there's definitly a difference between what dogs and cats consider playing, I would be a little weary of bringing her into a home with a cat.

chlstn, this was definitly a rough decision. We love both of the dogs equally, but we have had the JRT a lot longer and my nieces are more attached to the jack.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the most part she gets along with other dogs. I think the problem lies in both her and the JRT wanting to be the "alpha" dog and neither will step down. However, I often will take her to my buddy's house where he has two big goofy golden retrievers, and they get along great.
This is the second Irish that we've had. Used to have one growing up that we adopted at age 2 from an animal shelter and to this day, it was the best dog we have ever had.
She really is a sweet dog and will make someone a great companion.

· Registered
1,069 Posts
I've had 4 sets of Irish Setters over 25 years and their great dogs all of mine have been males. If you don't find her a new Home from someone on the barn send me an email and we will find her one! If you have to get rid of her soon let me know and we will be happy to take her.

Herb
Sensation

[ 11-29-2005, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: HS ]

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Herb,
Thanks very much. As of right now, we're in no dire hurry to place her. We are willing to hold on to her for some time just to be certain that she is placed with the right family.
I have some folks I know coming over tomorrow to see her and they might take her home for a few days to see how she behaves with their other dog. However, if things do not pan out, I'll definitely keep you in mind.
Thanks again.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Loanfish,
Thanks for the very constructive comment :rolleyes:
Not a replacement. We have had the JRT for 6 years and Bailey for 2. I have nieces who have grown up with the jack and love her like their own dog.
This was by no means an easy decision and not a case of one dog "replacing" another.

· Registered
1,069 Posts
Andy,

Glad to hear that you guys will get to see her! We wish her well, My two Irish Studs said to tell you if they want to mate her to give them a call and they will be happy to help out! Good LUCK!!!!

Herb
Sensation

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.