BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
My toyota has served me well on the beach, but I sure would like to have a purpose-built jeep for the beach. I like the old CJ-5s and CJ-7s. A Scrambler would be even better.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had my jeep for some time now but just getting into surf fishin more I fish OC a lot and lookin for new places all the time. Lookin to meet new friends this year :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Jeeps are great on the beach!! I run a 2002 Jeep TJ, 6 cyl automatic. I put a 2.5 inch lift, 32" BFG All-Terrains, and a Lock-Rite "lunchbox" locker in the rear, and I have NEVER had any problems on the beach. With the locker I don't even need to use the 4 wheel drive all the time. However, the mods that I made KILLED my fuel milage. I don't use it as a daily driver so it's not that big of a deal to me considering how it handles in the sand.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
gears will make the 4 cyl even less noticeable and lockers are just about the best thing you can do for any type of offroad driving. god i miss my wrangler....

have a cherokee now im gunna build soon, but its just not the same

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.