BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone see this weeks show. Striper fishing in nj . I think however they were well outside 3 mile mark in 70 feet. How do the regulations apply are you allowd to fish for them that far out?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I didn't see that one but i saw the ones where they were catching 50lb stripers in long island.

I don't even think your allowed to fish for stripers at all pass the 3 miles mark, but it is hard to judge sometimes how far you are out if you don't have gps.

Where in N.J?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I saw the show. They had some nice fish there. Looking at my map you could get 70 feet within the three mile limit in a few places. Ambrose channel, Pt. Pleasant and off Bay Head. Trevor Gowdy seems to have awesome luck fishing with Kenny Zwirko.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I saw the show. They had some nice fish there. Looking at my map you could get 70 feet within the three mile limit in a few places. Ambrose channel, Pt. Pleasant and off Bay Head. Trevor Gowdy seems to have awesome luck fishing with Kenny Zwirko.
yeah , he does , but what we don't know is exactly how many hours are logged looking for the one.

·
Registered
204 Posts
WE were well inside 3 miles, few mistakes with the reels, talked about accurates, (Which I use), while fighting a fish with a saltiga... and we were in 50-55ft... Have no idea where he got 70ft from, althought there is water near 70ft inside...Took 3 days to Film Quest for the One and MonsterFish... Monsterfish I clearly state the depth we were fishing... I liked Monsterfish better, more footage...Aires on The Outdoor network guess primarily out west since most of my calls have been from the midwest...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
WE were well inside 3 miles, few mistakes with the reels, talked about accurates, (Which I use), while fighting a fish with a saltiga... and we were in 50-55ft... Have no idea where he got 70ft from, althought there is water near 70ft inside...Took 3 days to Film Quest for the One and MonsterFish... Monsterfish I clearly state the depth we were fishing... I liked Monsterfish better, more footage...Aires on The Outdoor network guess primarily out west since most of my calls have been from the midwest...
I liked all the shows you did. The one with the wetsuit and surf rod at night was crazy.....LOL. Proud to see a fellow barner on the big screen.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
i figured the facts weren't all corect , and three days to film a show looking for a monster is pretty good. I remember the 60 he caught with you two seasons ago , when you were back trolling through a rip. very impressive stuff capt.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
great show! wish they did a whole episode instead of just the last ten mins....

it was hard to tell on the show but were you guys just castin dead bunker out whole and letting em drift? or was there more to it??? just curious about the way you were going about it.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Capt. Ken,
I really enjoyed the show. You sure put TG on some nice fish. I have enjoyed your magazine articles and followed your career over the past few years. A pro like you past EEZ...I highly doubt it. Keep up the good work. Hope to charter with you sometime soon.:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.