BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering about fishing in brigantine channel. I fish LE inlet and have ventured behind little beach but never as far south as Brig. inlet. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am talking about going in the back side from inter-coastal. looks like plenty of water

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
There is no water in most of it, you really have to know the area. Last time I was there it wasn't marked at all, hit ground, caught no fish etc.. This is "wreck inlet" that i'm talking about, pretty sure the same one you are. I went in the back side too, just trying to save you some gas.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Yep , it's Wreck inlet .

What kind of boat do you have ? For the most part stay in the darker water and avoid the ebb and you should be fine.

[ 10-22-2005, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: In Depth ]

·
Registered
17 Posts
BayRat has some good advice!

I was scoping Wreck Inlet out a few weeks ago. The tide was low and the waves were high, there was no way I was going to run it!

In years past I have fished the inside and found some good holes where I caught some nice flounder. I have even run thru the inlet a number of times, but the bottom is constantly shifting.

On a day with high tide and calm conditions I am sure you would be ok, but pick your time carefully!

Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 24 ft Crist craft center console. I have no intension of running thru wreck inlet. I have fished outside of it and know better then to try to pass thru. What I am asking is, can it be fished coming in from the back channel. It looks like some nice water by hoffmans point.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used to fish the area from Hoffmans to the Wreck Inlet and there was good water back there. I enjoyed that area alot and caught quite alot of fish there! It is a peaceful with next to no boat traffic back there.

Unfortunately the channel between the ICW at Black Point and Hoffmans filled in and the markers were removed. This happened about four years ago. I have seen some smaller boats running across to there, but I would not risk it. The trip from Absecon to Wreck Inlet on the inside is a long trip with many slow zones but maybe worth it!

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Your 24 should be fine around the point and up to wreck . The darker water is the deeper water .
Just avoid a couple of hours before and after low tide.
Granted my boat is smaller then yours but i'm up there all the time and share the water with other cc's .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks In Depth, Going to take a look this week. Do you fish LE inlet reguarly. Name of the boat is infinsable. Will be fishing sea shell tourn. this weekend.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a 22 Grady and run that inlet all the time high or low.It changes all the time so if you dont do it every now and then you will be in for an adventure.Its nice because you dont get the yahoos in there on those big bite nites.As far as going from black point to wreck i will only do it at the high point of the tide.3 cheers for the unmarked wreck inlet!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
riprunner, is the channel still marked from Black point to hoffmans.(If there is a channel)

·
Registered
689 Posts
the channel is not marked .there is not much of a channel at lower water.and you have to watch coming in frpm ocean.had a couple times this summer had to feel my way out on low tide.Louis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts