BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never fished the Delaware River. My brother works for UPS at the airport and tells me there are people fishing it all the time. My questions are 1. What are the rules for striper can you keep them and if so are they ok to eat?

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Keppers ended yesterday...now it is strickly sport fishing. The guys I fish with including myself will keep one legal male fish in March. We were all skunked this year. We have a blast once the warm weather comes like now and the herring get here.

Jersey Mike

·
Banned
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
missingtwo said:
Keppers ended yesterday...now it is strickly sport fishing. The guys I fish with including myself will keep one legal male fish in March. We were all skunked this year. We have a blast once the warm weather comes like now and the herring get here.

Jersey Mike

Thank You.....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Most of the people fishing over there are the chinese. Must be a good spot they are always there. There is a fishing pier in Gloucester City.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I was wondering about the edibility myself.( in case I got a bigun) I did a little research a few weeks ago.
It is not recommended to eat more than 1 striped bass from the river per month.
Double check me, though, to be sure,high risk like pregnant women should not eat any.
Point was moot for me since I only caught and released 6 shorts this March.
As previously stated, It is catch and release now ,circle hooks only,til June 1st.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
CobiaKeith said:
I was wondering about the edibility myself. I did a little research a few weeks ago. It is not recommended to eat more than 1 striped bass from the river per month.
You are correct regarding the reccomendations. However, consider the the fact that these are the same fish that will be caught in the salt after spawning. It's always better - health and fishery wise - to eat smaller fish rather than big fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts