BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a spinning rod with micro guides? I have been looking for a new rod, specifically to use with heavier braid and was wondering if they would eliminate wind knots, etc and cast further? There are a few with this feature, but the one i'm looking at is the e21 Carrot stick Wild black

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I've built a few of them. If they are done right they work great, if the spacing or alignment is off you will be super frustrated. I have not found them to affect wind knots. In my experience they will cast slightly farther. I have, however, found they work better with thinner line, but that's just my opinion, ymmv...

If your interested my dad has one of the micro guide rods I built, if you wanted to try it out we could meet up...

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, I have been hearing good things. Many of the higher end rods are being produced with that option, so I figured it was probably a good thing. Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
822 Posts
James....they suck in the cold weather. If they ice up you are done. I have not noticed a major casting difference. Advice you got here is spot on.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks dave, been eyeing up a new rod, and the further I can cast it out, the better for me. The ice thing is something to consider based on the fishing I do, been lucky this year though .Did you get that Zoom link I sent you by e-mail? Looks somewhat like your creation

·
Registered
620 Posts
i have them on a baitcaster and hate them, so small and chinsy. Cant vouche for the spinning rods but i wont be buying anything else with them :thumbsdown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts