BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would you think of a summer limmit ? lets say one fish 18" or over and spring and fall back to what we have or two @ 28 " & over they could keep the bouns fish.

i feel an 18" summer fish could be a shot in the arm for small business.

freedom ots.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I think thats a good idea, since the fish that stay over the summer or residents, and the fish in spring and fall are the bigger migratory fish.

Thats the way they've got it managed in the chessie, and it seems like its a good deal.

·
Registered
930 Posts
That's actually not a bad idea. I'd maybe up it just a little to 20", but the thought definitely has some merit. It would probably keep more surf fisherman active during the summer, as most stripers caught right now are shorts.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
20 fine too. it's not only surf, rivers bays sounds, most any water way now is holding those size fish, and many many of them. it's to the point that perch fishing you got to figth to get threw the stripers, i hear same the thing about del river sm mouth bass fishers are haveing the same thing, so why couldn't there be a summer fish bag;

thanks for the reply cam

freedom

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Good idea Freedom. Let's spread this suggestion around.

Hi there Cam. Good to see another member from the Tom's river area as I'm from Pine Beach.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by Cardshop:
Good idea Freedom. Let's spread this suggestion around.

Hi there Cam. Good to see another member from the Tom's river area as I'm from Pine Beach.
Thanks for the welcome Cardshop. I'm in Silverton right now, primarily fish Bayhead and Mantoloking. Seaside's just too damn busy in the summer. So you're in Mt.L now huh? I'm noticing quite a few people on this forum from that area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts