BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of going out behind Avalon tomorrow afternoon and into the early evening. Winds N at 10-20. Am I nuts? More importantly, any opinions on what, if anything, this wind will do to my chances for seeing some stripers. Probably fish clams and some artificials. Thanks.

Gene
Haddonfield, NJ

·
Registered
512 Posts
In the back, you can find a place that you can duck out of the wind. Where the land actually knocks it down, for a little bit. Anchor up with those clams, you'll catch fish.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
If it is anything like it was today STAY HOME.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joe2617... give me some details. I see winds today were 25-35!!! Tomorrow actually showing some sun, 73 degrees and 10-20. No treat at 10-20, but it's not 25-35. Must have been brutal. Any fish most importantly??????

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
YOU'RE NUTS....BACK BAY WHIPPED UP. HARDVARD AVE. IN VENTNOR HEIGHTS HAS 10 INCHES OF WATER.
water temp in street.....66 (still have my froggy...the fish pond thermometer)

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Just left my dock in sea isle and the tide was way up .like you have to wear boots just to get to the dock.theres gonna be a lot of weed tomorow on the out going but if you have the time give it a shot. I may try friday

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Left the dock at 4:30 and tide was still rushing in. It was flooding the parking lot and will continue for at least another hour. Add an hour every day and it doesn't look good. You won't be able to hide from it because the sod banks will be under water. The water is filthy right now and it's just going to get worse over the next two days.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Big time blow out tide down here right now! The back is seriously whipped up, I imagine it'll take a few tides to clean things up a bit.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
4-5 on Great Bay today. Winds howling, rain etc..
By the way, if you haven't checked your boat lately do so, long sustained winds at 20-25 will tear apart docklines easier than a 1 day heavy blow. I notced a guy's 1/2 in dock line (looked brand new) was shredded (1 strand left). I did replace it with one of my spares just in case his spring line went too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts