BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i fish on party boats i see guys with huge minnows...cigar minnows?....sardines?....

i also see guys with huge strips of squid

i was wondering where they are getting these baits from?

i am looking into getting these baits for a trip i have coming up next weekend, can anyone point me in the right direction so i can get ahold of these baits?

thanks

chris

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
The loonngg strips of squid are probaly trolling squid,most bait shops have them.The HUGE minnows they may have caught themselves or got lucky and bought them that way....Good Luck!!

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
chris-goto any bait shop and ask for musky minnows.I know a few places in the county sell them.I will find out and tell jen as well as e-mail ya.

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the feedback

reelknot, let me know what you find, Jenn is off this weekend so shoot me an email

·
Registered
257 Posts
BEST BAIT YOU CAN MAKE EEEASY!!!!! HUGE CUT STRIPS OF SQUID WERE HAND CUT FROM WHOLE.I'M GOIND TO THE SUPERMARKET MYSELF TODAY TO GET SOME WHOLE.2.99 A POUND...SHEDDAR OIL AT THE BAIT SHOP,AND FOOD COLOR.CUT TO YOUR <OWN> SIZE PREFFERENCE,SWISH AROUND THE FOOD COLOR.GREEN,PINK,ECT...TOP WITH SHEDDER OIL,AND MARRINATE OVERNIGHT LIKE A STEAK IN THE FRIDGE AND YOU HAVE YOU OWN PRO-CUT AT 1/3 OF THE COST AND MAN THEY HIT IT FRESH MADE BUT GOOD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.