BASS BARN banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few episodes you were field testing the new Penn Metal Senators, I just have a couple of questions about them. Any idea when they will hit the market?? A few websites such as Cabela's shows them being backordered for a few months now. Are they worth the price of $200?? Will they be as durable and have such a great reputation as the original senators? And do you think they will be such a hot seller that I should pre-order now rather than buying them when they come out, and chance them being sold out for a while?? I am a big fan of the show, and will find your info on these reels very helpful, thanks.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I wouldn't want to misspeak regarding availability, so I'll leave that up to some of the retailers to chime in. My understanding, and I just confirmed this by checking Tackle Direct's website, is that they will be available to the public very, very soon (like by the end of this month).

Certainly, there's no way to predict how a reel will hold up in the long run, so for me to sit here and tell you that you'll be passing it on to your grandchildren would be irresponsible. What I can tell you is that these reels are built in the same tradition as the "standard" Senators, meaning that they're relatively simple in design and use very, very strong gears. The metal side plate is designed to dissipate heat better on a strong running fish, thereby enabling smoother drag operation and possibly extending the life of the reel. In the limited time we had to fish them this year, they were very impressive.

For you inshore guys, we just picked up a few of the new Torque 100s that we'll be using on the show this year for livelining, chunking, inshore jigging and even plugging. Super smooth drag, designed for braid, lightning fast retrieve, and is supposed to cast better than the classic 525Mag. We'll have them all rigged up in our "Seminars on Demand" exhibit at the Somerset Show, so stop by and check 'em out.

Hope this has been helpful.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NJAngler Bill said:
I wouldn't want to misspeak regarding availability, so I'll leave that up to some of the retailers to chime in. My understanding, and I just confirmed this by checking Tackle Direct's website, is that they will be available to the public very, very soon (like by the end of this month).

Certainly, there's no way to predict how a reel will hold up in the long run, so for me to sit here and tell you that you'll be passing it on to your grandchildren would be irresponsible. What I can tell you is that these reels are built in the same tradition as the "standard" Senators, meaning that they're relatively simple in design and use very, very strong gears. The metal side plate is designed to dissipate heat better on a strong running fish, thereby enabling smoother drag operation and possibly extending the life of the reel. In the limited time we had to fish them this year, they were very impressive.

For you inshore guys, we just picked up a few of the new Torque 100s that we'll be using on the show this year for livelining, chunking, inshore jigging and even plugging. Super smooth drag, designed for braid, lightning fast retrieve, and is supposed to cast better than the classic 525Mag. We'll have them all rigged up in our "Seminars on Demand" exhibit at the Somerset Show, so stop by and check 'em out.

Hope this has been helpful.
Thanks Bill, yes it was helpful, I will be pre-ordering 1 now :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts