BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4 year old daughter asked me why we name the boat and not the cars, snowmobile, 4 wheeler......:confused: I didn't really have a great answer for her.:huh: I'm sure it's just the first of many.:cool:

·
Registered
21,010 Posts
It is so when you are on the radio you can identify your boat when talking to another boat or the Coast Guard.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
My 4 year old daughter asked me why we name the boat and not the cars, snowmobile, 4 wheeler......:confused: I didn't really have a great answer for her.:huh: I'm sure it's just the first of many.:cool:
They are usually named after women, the reason for that is, most boats are owned by guys and what guy is going to name his boat a name like Sir Gary, or Mr Todd. Its just not going to happen. and Just like a women boats give us some pleasure but they like women cost a fortune to do that . Only a boat can't speak. As for the cars some cars are named. Mostly race cars like the general lee. or trucks like bigfoot. Nobody is going to give a name to there 2004 honda civic . or there 1998 ford tempo.
Snowmobiles and fourwheelers just don't have the room to be lettered anywhere:D
I am the exception to the rule
My Boat is :roc the boat ; after my son Rocco
My Truck is named : Joe Lacivita Construction its right in the back window so that must be its name.:D
My four wheeler name is big bear :p
and my snowmobiles is named well i don't have a snowmobile if I did i would name it ;broken when I need it;:razz:

·
Registered
15,340 Posts
As the old man said to Forest Gump when he bought the shrimping boat.

"What you gonna name her? It's bad luck not to name your boat"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.