BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going camping in Cape May this weekend coming. Looking to take my two oldest boys(ages 8&6)out to do some catching while Mom and the baby go to craft show. Any info on a boat in that general area would be a big help. Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I used to go on party boats a lot, and they have changed around somewhat since I did. But, a couple things to decide. How long a trip do you want? An 8 hour trip could be long. A 4 hour trip might be more appropraite for your kids, but it might not whet ur whistle or really give you that much fishing time. A 6 hour trip is a happy medium. I know that the Sea Star in Cape May used to run 6 hour trips but it looks like they restructured the headboats over at South Jersey Marina in Cape May. I think the Miss Chris Marina around the corner may have a 6 hour boat.

The other thing is what they are fishing for. Unless croaker have moved in, which I don't think has happened, I would try to find a boat that was seabassing.
Capt Robbins near Sea Isle always wreck fishes for 8 hours.
Starfish in Sea Isle runs 4 hour I think.
Miss Avalon could be doing anything, 4 hours.
THe Starlight fleet in Wildwood has a variety of trips.
THe Sea Raider and Adventurere in Wildwood could be good. I think Sea Raider is 6 hour and Adventurer is 4 hours.
South Jersey Marina has the porgy 4 (?). Capt Paul often wreck fishes. Also, Miss Cape May or Sea Star may be a good shot if they are running this year.
Miss Chris, Lady Chris, and another boat over that way all run a variety of trips.
Try looking these guys up and giving them a call. It would probably be worth find one that is going wreck fishing as flounder fishing can be kinda slow for kids on these headboats, unless someone knows something I don't.

I think Bodacious is in Fortescue and Rainbow is in OC if I'm not mistaken. If you are in Cape May these guys could be a little far, but I'm sure they would be good choices otherwise.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Guys, thanks for the input it will be helpful.I'll try looking these up and will post the results when we get back on Sunday.Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you're looking to take the family out for a full day (8 hrs), I'd recommend the PorgyIV captained by Paul Thompson in Cape May. She docks just south of the Lobster House. Paul runs one of the friendlier boats around, perfect for bringing the kids and wife...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Capt. Paul got a new and bigger boat. He's a popular capt. because he is friendly and he puts his customers on the meat. The old Porgy III filled up 2 hours before leaving time on summer weekends. You've got to take advantage of the demand.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys thanks for all the helpful suggestions but my wife just handed me my fathers day present early. She booked a trip for me and my boys with the AdamBomb for Saturday. Thanks again for all the help.I'll post a report when we get home Sunday night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts