BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I could build a filtration system to recycle my own waste oil, if so what would the investment be? I was thinking two small drums, the first as a settlement tank and the second to filter the oil.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Look into waste oil heaters. You might not have to do anything to it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
i watched a show on tv and he changer old fry oil in burnable oil for hid truck then he added a bully dog system and melted the tires off the truck useing the oil

·
Registered
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would reuse it in my truck but maybe it won't be any good then just a thought.

·
Registered
281 Posts
there was a post on here earlier about biodeisel. look it up online also alot of diy sites for it and what you need. Good luck..

Uki

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
You will need a centrifuge to filter out the impurities and end with clean oil. It would be very costly. When I was in the CG we had a centrifuge to clean the oil but the engines used quite a few 55 gal drums in total.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Waste oil...

If you generate waste oil regularly you can get .50 to .60 cents per gallon from recyclers (Lorco, Safety Clean, etc.)
I heat with it and sell the rest.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Potomac said:
If you generate waste oil regularly you can get .50 to .60 cents per gallon from recyclers (Lorco, Safety Clean, etc.)
I heat with it and sell the rest.

The people I deal with require atleast 250 gallons if they are going to purchase it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts