BASS BARN banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just starting thinking about this as I saw more and more posts of tons of smaller fish being caught in DE bay and elsewhere. Do you think that all these smaller fish are males looking for some early action?:D I was thinking about the pre-rut for deer and how the bucks start to search right before the majority of the breeding begins. Just curious what others think. Do you think these fish being caught are resident fish "waking up" or the start of the spring run? Let me know...

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Skmag357 said:
Just starting thinking about this as I saw more and more posts of tons of smaller fish being caught in DE bay and elsewhere. Do you think that all these smaller fish are males looking for some early action?:D I was thinking about the pre-rut for deer and how the bucks start to search right before the majority of the breeding begins. Just curious what others think. Do you think these fish being caught are resident fish "waking up" or the start of the spring run? Let me know...
These are most likly year round fish just starting to get active. the migratory fish will start to move in as the water temps come up. the second the temps hit 55 degrees they spawn, well up the river but what goes up must come down. starting in may the bigger fish will start to move back down and eat after they spawn. We will start to see more keepers then throw backs every day from now till june. Tell your dad to give me a shout at 609 846 5874..thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts