BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you pass the NJ boating safety course online do you still have to take the test in person? Some people tell me I do others say the online certificate is accepted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
2,747 Posts
if you take a look at their certification letter:

http://my.boat-ed.com/njb/nj_specific_images/pg_elmnts/nj_course_approval_letter.jpg

In the first paragraph you will see that the course is valad for "In Person testing, through a approved instructor". How that translates into a online course is beyond me.... I just don't see it, and wouldn't mind it being investigated further by the NJSP.

What is to keep somone from cheating on the test? Not that it's that hard anyway.

· Registered
2,747 Posts
"
Taking the In-Person Exam

Your online course certificate will serve as your admission ticket to the state-required In-Person Exam. You will be able to register online after passing. There is a $30.00 fee for the In-Person Exam, payable online when registering. After passing the In-Person Exam, you will be issued a New Jersey Boat Safety Certificate by the New Jersey State Police.

"

Seems like some smoke and mirrors and misleading advertising.

· Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone who responded. I took the test on Saturday, it was a long day but well worth it. The best part was the people I met that were in the class. Most were long time fisherman yet they never heard of the Bass Barn. Hopefully I turned them into future Barners.

· Registered
4,027 Posts
On that NJ course site, there is a link to "register on-line for your in-person exam"
NJ has steadfastly held the line the you can pretty much take your course anywhere, but your exam must be proctored live.

$39.95 to read the free NJ State Police booklet. I hope there is more to it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.