BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
You have to fill out an application and pay a $20 fee for it to get on a list..( I think it was $20)....then when a slip opens they will contact you....I will attempt to contact someone and see if it is ok to forward his number to you or what you need to do.....This time of the year he vacations so it might take a bit...

·
Registered
744 Posts
if you cant get into the fort try sundog 856-447-3992 ask for josh :thumbsup:

·
Registered
373 Posts
money island

If you are considering Fortescue you may want to look into Rusty Joes Marina @Money Island. Its only a few minutes away. I have kept my boat @ both locations and I like Joes better. Take a few minutes and check them out. Dry dock or in-water you wont be disappointed.

Tell Joe and Bruce that Jim sent you. :thumbsup:

Jim

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone I appreciate it. The place I was at last was Ocean Heights Marina in Somers Point i had it there 2008 and 2009 then i trailered it the past two seasons. I fish the bay more and more now so thats why im looking for a place to put it. Its a 18 foot center console mako. Thanks for all the replies and advice.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
If I were you I would go to Rusty Joes Marina and it is maybe 10 minutes from the Fort. Im not a big fan of a Capts. Assoc. and will leave it at that. I would rather deal with a Marina Owner not some association.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Deal with? Hmmm..wonder what you need to deal with....I had to have my ladder fixed and it was done imediatley...plenty of bait and parking..no walk to my boat, I can drop my lunchbox from my truck onto boat...own fillet table above my boat and two hoses...electric...enough light on the whole dock for a football game....the creek is central in the bay for any kind of fishing I wanna do...11 miles to ship john and 13 to pintop..most of my fluke fishing all summer is within 6 miles from port..to each his own I guess...I know people on here had problems with bait shops and owners in the past but I wasnt around then...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Deal with? Hmmm..wonder what you need to deal with....I had to have my ladder fixed and it was done imediatley...plenty of bait and parking..no walk to my boat, I can drop my lunchbox from my truck onto boat...own fillet table above my boat and two hoses...electric...enough light on the whole dock for a football game....the creek is central in the bay for any kind of fishing I wanna do...11 miles to ship john and 13 to pintop..most of my fluke fishing all summer is within 6 miles from port..to each his own I guess...I know people on here had problems with bait shops and owners in the past but I wasnt around then...

If your boat is over 18(i maybe wrong,it might be 20) you have two options.... the old AA or sportsmans cove slips - which take BIG BEATING in a West or South wind... The slips at the other end you have to climb a ladder..What if your handicap and cannot use the ladder? or have trouble climbing one? I know there is a floating dock across from the coast guard station where you could easly tie off to and load up(this is where the 18ft under boats are tied off) For the price your paying at the ladder slips you could get a floating dock at joes and have plenty of money to spare.Been there since 86 and seen alot come and go(fortescue that is)

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
thanks everyone I appreciate it. The place I was at last was Ocean Heights Marina in Somers Point i had it there 2008 and 2009 then i trailered it the past two seasons. I fish the bay more and more now so thats why im looking for a place to put it. Its a 18 foot center console mako. Thanks for all the replies and advice.
I was there those two years as well. First year was in parking lot then in the water. J dock

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.