BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if your out of the channels and away from any heavy traffic do you need to keep the running lights on if your anchored and taking a snooze? and in the bay is their a need for a crabbing lisence? whats the legal size?

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
WELCOME TO THE BARN.I THOUGHT YOU NEEDED YOUR ANCHOR LIGHT ON BUT THERE ARE TWO DAY SCALLOP BOATS ANCHORED,ONE IN CAPE MAY HARBOR AND ONE BEHIND WILDWOOD THAT HAVE NO ANCHOR LIGHT ON AND THE ONE BEHIND WILDWOOD HAS BEEN ANCHORED IN TWO SPOTS FOR OVER 2 MONTH'S.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Originally posted by mike19040:
if your out of the channels and away from any heavy traffic do you need to keep the running lights on if your anchored and taking a snooze? and in the bay is their a need for a crabbing lisence? whats the legal size?
Yes. Just the white one. Sunset to sunrise. The red and green should be off when anchored.

·
Registered
466 Posts
At anchor in the bay the all around white light. I'd definitely want that as a minimum...growing up I've been out on the water a lot at night and can't count how many close calls there could have been without one.
I've seen people mountnthem to the top of their outboards to give them more height if you're using a skiff.

Red and green on when running only as stated.

Where I'm from I don't think you can crab at night so I've never had to worry about am light while crabbing. I think the size in the Chesepeake is 5" but that could have changed since I last did it, which was a long time ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts